Tuesday 25 March 2014

Tracing the Blueprint

After a visit to the wonderful Museum in the Park (www.museuminthepark.org.uk) to see their exhibition, Tracing the Blueprint, I bought a lovely pack of assorted indigo squares in the Museum shop. This exhibition is only on til the 30th of March - and is definitely worth a visit.

This in turn reminded me of my unfinished sewing roll that's been in the works for months. I already had the blue check fabric and the felt was from Yards Ahead (www.curtainsstroud.co.uk). I wanted to accommodate the boxes and envelopes of sewing notions that I'd designed for the Amberley Village Store.  I'd already finished a rough hand sewn roll and Judy at the Stroud School of Sewing (www.stroudschoolofsewing.com) very kindly spent time trying to teach me the intricacies of the sewing machine...bless....she needed the patience of Job, and it all worked rather well, although I'm not sure I'll be using the sewing machine again any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment